Monday, February 16, 2009

My Tree...


It’s frustrating beyond imagination at times, to be called an outcast, to be an outcast. I know, because I am one, in more ways than a hundred. For good or for bad, in ways big or small, I shamelessly disagree with a random bunch of five hundred people picked from any part of this city at any point of time.
It’s a fish market outside your door and no one is who he really is. Not all can put up with my kind, we never pretend. Being who you are comes with a price tag, a proviso, that at some point in life you’ll be shoved aside and called an ‘outsider’, a ‘misfit’.
I have felt this way all my life, I am feeling it this very moment and I know tomorrow, I’ll feel it again.
But I am happy. I am not the usual shades of red, white and yellow. I am Auburn, Cobalt, Gray!
It’s not me who doesn’t fit in with my surroundings, it’s my surroundings that don’t complement me. A famous bard from Bengal had once said, “Bonyera bonete sundor, shishura matrikrore” meaning; ‘wild animals look best when in jungles and children, in their mother’s arms’. It’s as important to be different as it is to know where one belongs.

Every outcast has his home, his tree, his flock. Wheres mine?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm that pic too. we're everywhere. find God, we typically gravitate toward Him, and i don't mean churches, mosques, or synagogues. let Him into your heart and you will know your flock when you meet us for the first time and look into our eyes. you'll start to glow and feel as though you've known us for centuries. we're everywhere. come find us. PEACE. LOVE.

Da said...

hehe.. no semi-evangelic beckoning from me.. i'm guessing if you wanna fit in, get a good stool behind your drumkit, an if you want to find God, play your version of Maeri, or just play... by the time you hit the final crash on those symbals, you'll be where you belong...