Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fear, a sensation I have known for years is an old nemesis; a deep, rotting sense of fear boiling and gurgling deep beneath, splashing against the walls of my stomach and scorching my visceral organs insidiously, fear, that pair of green eyes, that twisted smile of destiny, the conspirator, rubbing its hands, images of which I quite inexplicably see before my eyes every time trepidation grips me, I have often felt it at work, destroying me systematically, breaking me down piece by piece, step by step, disintegrating me, crippling me. I’ve felt it swell up behind my ears, in my head, in my eyes, I’ve smelled it’s overpowering stench, I’ve felt it scream in my ears and buzz in my head rendering me drunken, dizzy and spent. Fear, like a grotesque lizard creeps down your spine, fear dements, it chokes, it sticks to one’s mind like stains of dry blood splattered against a wall, sickening and demobilizing, fear ruins, fear murders slowly...

So everytime I am afraid I go get a drink....

No comments: